You may not believe it, but going on a first date with a guy can be nerve-wracking.
It could even be a guy you have been hanging out with but once he asks you out on a date, you get jittery and wonder what the hell you’re doing. So there you are psyched to go meet this guy but as a girl, you can’t stop your crazy thoughts from going through your head. I mean meeting a boy is just scary and because you’re a planner and a control freak you pre-plan on just how everything will go with your date.
These are the crazy 17 thoughts that go through a girls mind on a first date with a guy.
1. What in the world was I thinking?
I mean we hardly have anything to talk about on WhatsApp so what on earth do I have to say in person?
2. What if I don’t like it, can I pretend I’ve gone to the washroom then just bail?
I swear if he is boring I am going to walk out of there like the boss queen I am, my happiness comes first and time is money. Although I don’t mind free food.
3. Why does he keep looking at my chest or is it my lips? I knew I should have worn a nun dress.
My cleavage isn’t even out there but he seems to have managed to look through it, apparently guys have Xray vision. If its my lips then I need to add some lip gloss to entice him.
4. Damn what if I order the most expensive meal then we have to split the bill, is he meant to pay?
Well he invited me he better tell me to order anything, feel comfortable and splitting the bill should not be an option. So I will order a cheap meal just in case.
5. He told me we go for coffee so if I order for food will I look greedy if I do?
What does let’s meet for coffee even mean? Man shall not live on caffeine alone but a lot of food and booze. But since he said coffee date then mocha it is.
6. Shucks he is so boring and now I just want to check my WhatsApp and talk to my bestie.
Why must we talk about the bars you’ve been to and your office problems, I really don’t think anyone cares for such information.
7. When I smile are my teeth pretty? Or is there something stuck in between?
I think am laughing too much and what’s even worse this isn’t a real laugh they say fake it till you make it. Really hope my teeth look white especially because I have just drunk coffee which tints teeth, struggles.
8. I wonder how big he is, he is kinda short so that means it might be tiny.
Yeah, this isn’t going to work out for me at all.
9. Guys say they like someone intellectual, so should I tell him about Benjamin Franklin, did you know he didn’t fly the kite ?
Yeah he probably doesn’t even know which colors exist in a rainbow, wait do I? I need to Google this as soon as possible.
10. Okay so he ordered for food so I should too, don’t order a burger because you don’t want to show him how your mouth can open so wide.
Nope, I will order for a salad and chicken steak this should be okay. Never order for a burger or a sandwich this makes you open your mouth like a gladiator.
11. Ow he asked me about my ex should I tell him about my jealous nature? Probably not.
Being jealous is so overrated and immature that’s what I will tell him. The inner me is thinking if i find you so much looking at another girl, you won’t have eyes the next minute.
12. Should I tell him I don’t want jokers or fuck boys? I mean I am looking for a husband.
No, maintain sanity and be humble.
13. No, he will ghost me if I do.
Yeah I’ll just put him on the husband list but won’t tell him until I trap him.
14. What does he think of me so far?
Oh please don’t look at me when I eat my food I don’t want to look like I don’t have food at home.
15. I will offer to pay the bill but he best say no because he ate a lot more than me.
If he says I pay or even split the bill that is just rude, I cant deal with a man who can’t even pay for the first date.
16. Damn my hands are so sweaty and he wants to hold my hands.
Just accidentally dip your hands in his water then go to the washroom and dry your hands. Okay, that may be weird so act like a diva and just refuse hand contact.
17. This needs to end so we can go back to whatsapping like normal people.
This has been so hard, I need to go home wear my sweats, t-shirt and just relax. This face to face experience is excruciating.