While other churches may have five to 10 beliefs, the Living Faith Church has 12. Check them out.
The Living Faith Church, also known as Winners Chapel, is quite a unique one.
Why? Because they have 12 beliefs that they hold on to. I bet you didn’t know that.
These 12 pillars are what makes Winners Chapel what it is.
Here they are:
1. Faith: Faith is a core belief of this church. It takes its bearing from two Bible verses; 1 John 5:4 which says, “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.” The second, Ephesians 6:16 says, “above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.”
2. The Word: This is a big deal for this church. It is so important that the WORD OF FAITH BIBLE INSTITUTE (WOFBI) had to be born. John 1:1-12 and Hebrews 1:3 are the verses that back this belief.
3. Signs and Wonders: This is a huge one for Winners Chapel. Little wonder, the church has had some interesting, unbelievable cases. Unfortunately, this doesn’t always go well for the church. Check out this confusing arm extension ‘miracle’ by Bishop David Oyedepo’s daughter, Joy. This pillar draws its inspiration from Ps. 82:5-7; John 3:8.
4. The Holy Spirit: Most church members speak in tongues as this is one of its pillars. Acts 1:1-8 and Isaiah 10:27 back this one.
5. Prosperity: Need I say anything about this? The fact that the founder is one of the richest pastors in Nigeria is enough proof. 3 John 2; Ps. 35:27; Zech. 1:17 offer scriptural references.
6. Prayer: Anyone that has ever visited this church knows how much it emphasises prayer. 1 John 5:14 backs this belief.
7. Healing: This is a big thing for Winners Chapel. Hence cases like this couple having twins after 20 years of marriage and 12 miscarriages. Isaiah 53:3-4; Jer. 8:22; Matt. 8:17 support this belief.
8. Wisdom: Oyedepo’s books like ‘The Winning Wisdom’ is all the proof needed here. (Prov. 24:3-4, Isaiah 33:6)
9. Success: This church is one of the most successful ministeries ever. It has also birthed very successful students and people. (Joshua 1:8-10)
10. Vision: Winners Chapel was born after an 18- hour vision on the 1st and 2nd of may 1981. From this divine encounter, the church has gone on to have one of the world’s biggest auditorium. It has enough space for 50,000 people. It is the world’s largest church auditorium, according to the Guinness Book of Records. (Prov. 29:18, Jer. 29:11)
11. Consecration: Shiloh and other services show how much this church cares about this. (Hebrews 12:14; 2Tim. 2:19)
12. Praise: Winners Chapel has one of the best praise and worship sessions in the country. They are so good they make Oyedepo dance. 2 Chronicles 20:20-22; Ps. 67:1-7; 149:1-9 backs this.
Winners Chapel, born 36 years ago, has grown into a megachurch.
It has over 5000 churches in Nigeria, over 1000 worldwide and at least 1,500 Pastors across the global.